Join our team
Why Work Here?
At RBR, we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. In fact, we attribute our success as a company in part to our ability to recruit, hire, and maintain a skilled and productive work force.
RBR invests considerable effort into research and development, which is carried out in collaboration with customers to ensure that the instruments produced are precisely what the customer wants and can afford. RBR is a global leader in oceanographic instrumentation, providing competitive and innovative products to scientists and researchers worldwide.
Come join our team and help measure the blue planet!
RBR was recently honoured at the Best Ottawa Business awards with a 2016 Best Business trophy. The creative folks at Waterbridge Media put together this quick video about the company and our future. Take a look and then check out our open positions.
RBR endeavours to make our site accessible to any and all users. If you need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at +1 613-599-8900 x266 or at [email protected] This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Don’t see an open position that fits?
We’re always looking for talented people, so feel free to send us your resume. If your background and experience suits our needs, a member of our team will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
Office Administrator (Part-Time)
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. Leading scientists and engineers from around the world are using RBR equipment to answer important environmental questions. RBR equipment is enabling researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the ocean.
RBR has a rich 45 year history as a privately-owned Kanata, Ontario based company that is continuing to experience strong growth. We have achieved 20% annual growth over the last five years and, with your help, we expect this to continue as we overtake the market leader and expand our product line and international reach. RBR has been recognized twice as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Growth 500 and has won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
Are you an office administrator interested in working part-time hours (5 days per week x 5.5 hours per day) to assist a growing product design and manufacturing company in reaching the next level? Do you want to work in a dynamic and creative environment with a team that is building interesting products that make a difference to people and the planet?
Come join us! We provide a balanced work environment complete with a competitive compensation package including bonus and benefits.
General Office Administration
- First point of contact for RBR such as greeting and assisting visitors; and answering and directing incoming calls;
- Collecting and distributing mail;
- Assisting with the coordination of facilities issues;
- Maintaining office supplies cabinet and placing orders;
- Ownership of the kitchen and common areas which includes ensuring cleanliness and maintaining supplies;
- Assisting with the coordination of RBR business and employee social events;
- Liaising with office related service providers;
- Assisting service and supply chain management departments with various clerical tasks.
- Providing data entry support with processing of accounts payable;
- Matching packing slips with invoices and then processing in accounts payable;
- Filing of invoices and other documents and assisting with month end processing;
- Processing credit card and employee expense report transactions, and assisting with credit card and employee expense reports reconciliation;
- Following up on accounts receivable issues.
- High school diploma with at least one year of work experience in an office environment or the equivalent;
- Friendly with a pleasant and professional disposition;
- Organized and detail oriented;
- Aptitude to work with numbers;
- Flexible and able to multi-task;
- Must have a vehicle to be able to run errands;
- Previous experience with accounts payable & Quickbooks will be considered an asset.
To apply, please prepare a cover letter that references RBR, how you are uniquely qualified for this role, what makes you exceptional and what will make you an outstanding part of the RBR team.
Do you want to work in a dynamic environment and make a difference to both people and planet?
Are you looking for an opportunity to drive a high performance calibration team? Working collaboratively with research and development, production, and customer service, you will enable the delivery of high quality oceanographic instruments and sensors to our customers. Our lab specializes in temperature, pressure, and conductivity, to the limits of what is possible. Come help us develop processes, automate everything, and produce traceable calibration certs.
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep, dark ocean.
Over the last five years, we’ve grown 20% annually and are now 50+ people. We’ve been recognised twice by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
We provide a balanced work environment complete with a very competitive compensation package.
Come join us!
- Assign and coordinate calibration resources to execute production schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring traceability of measurement systems and the integrity of measuring equipment.
- Develop and maintain accurate, efficient calibration procedures.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the calibration lab in order to increase process efficiency and capacity while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Develop and train calibration staff on calibration procedures and metrology methods.
- Manage calibration staff and provide feedback through periodic performance evaluations.
- Prepare reports on calibration KPIs and any project related progress.
- University degree in science or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of the theory of metrology and traceable calibration (ISO/IEC 17025) and quality systems.
- Experience creating & implementing lab procedures and documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust to changing priorities.
- Experience in a Lean manufacturing environment an asset.
To apply, we require you to include a cover letter that catches our attention.