Join our team
Why Work Here?
At RBR, we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. In fact, we attribute our success as a company in part to our ability to recruit, hire, and maintain a skilled and productive work force.
RBR invests considerable effort into research and development, which is carried out in collaboration with customers to ensure that the instruments produced are precisely what the customer wants and can afford. RBR is a global leader in oceanographic instrumentation, providing competitive and innovative products to scientists and researchers worldwide.
Come join our team and help measure the blue planet!
RBR was recently honoured at the Best Ottawa Business awards with a 2016 Best Business trophy. The creative folks at Waterbridge Media put together this quick video about the company and our future. Take a look and then check out our open positions.
RBR endeavours to make our site accessible to any and all users. If you need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at +1 613-599-8900 x266 or at [email protected] This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters – temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, pH, and many others. With design and manufacturing centrally located in Ottawa, our team works in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere to serve customers from all corners of the globe.
RBR is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler to join our team. This role requires an Assembler with experience with both mechanical and electronics assembly. In addition, the ideal candidate will be highly competent in the use of assembly tools, equipment, multimeters, with good hand-eye coordination for small sensitive components.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an electronics manufacturing environment;
- Must have mechanical assembly experience as well as electronics;
- Highly competent in the use of assembly tools, equipment, multi meters, with good hand-eye coordination for small sensitive components;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- IPC-A-610 certified;
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED);
- Training in Electro Static Discharge (ESD), and Workplace Hazardous Information Systems (WHMIS);
- Demonstrated experience with fine soldering and high precision work;
- Proficient with computers as well as the capability to learn various programs a must;
- Well organized, team player with good communication skills.
As part of your application, we ask that you please prepare a cover letter that references RBR and why you feel you would be a fit with us. We offer competitive salaries, generous holidays, a comprehensive health plan, a private RSP fund with matching contributions, and a very flexible work environment. You’ll have a great set of colleagues and the chance to make a difference to the future of the globe – come join us!