Pay It Forward
The RBR Pay It Forward campaign enables customers to donate good quality RBR and Sea-bird (SBE) loggers to non-profit and charitable organizations and renew their inventory of new RBR Generation³ products. Your contribution to the Pay It Forward program helps provide reliable scientific instruments to a breadth of important community projects while offering you a discount to bring new RBR products into your equipment pool to improve your research capabilities and reduce your purchase and support costs.
- Customers can donate working legacy RBR and SBE loggers to approved non-profit and charitable organizations in exchange for a discount on new RBR equipment of similar product family. Example organizations include school science programs, youth STEM programs, and small non-profit environmental organizations.
- The donation relationship is between the original customer and the recipient. RBR and SBE do not provide any warranty nor support for the older generation equipment.
- The Pay It Forward campaign is applicable for the following product families:
- SBE-16 SeaCAT
- SBE 19 SeaCAT profiler
- SBE 26 Seagauge wave & tide logger (discontinued)
- SBE 37 MicroCAT
- SBE 39 Temperature & depth logger
- SBE 54 Tsunami pressure sensor logger (discontinued)
- SBE 56 Temperature logger
- Customers are eligible for an additional 20% discount on equivalent product(s) to the donated product(s).
- Customers will provide RBR with the name of recipient organization for approval.
- To qualify for the Pay It Forward discount, the equipment must be donated and the new equipment purchased by December 31, 2020.